Sunday, October 9, 2011

El Rastro

El Rastro:

“Europe’s biggest flea market is a field day for shoppers, people-watchers and pickpockets.” Sundays, 9:00 AM until …….. not my problem.


OK, I am a guy. I hate (H-A-T-E) shopping. I mean really, really hate it. Beyond words hating.


Brenda is a woman …….. she’s all woman. She loves shopping (sport, hobby, avocation, whatever). She tells me that Cuenca shopping sucks. She is loving all the stores here as much as I hate them.


Today is Sunday and we set the alarm to go to El Rastro. (Repeat: On vacation. Set alarm. Shopping?) It was like a really bad acid trip. God knows how many square blocks it covers. We never did see the end of it in any direction we went. It was horrible.


I did feel sorry for the Brennie though. She burned out in under three hours. I didn’t think that was possible. Must send her to a doctor. Poor old thing just doesn’t have the stamina she used to. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost.


Another thing: Europes largest flea market. No street food? Really? That’s nuts. If there was a food place at least every block, it wouldn’t have been such agony. I didn’t see any food. Had to pick up some churros on the way back.


Confession: I bought 3 pairs of POS socks for 1 Euro. About a buck fifty (for all 3). The Brennie bought nothing. Poor thing.





 
for pics of El Rastro
and more Madrid pics.


Life is Sweet,
Clarke

4 comments:

  1. Whenever we click "Click here" for more pictures, the link comes up as page unknown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK that I fixed the links to the albums to make them public. PLEASE let me know if they don't work.
    Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving reading about your trip.
    Love you, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. "No food!" That's totally insane!

    Remember... there is just so much room going back!

    Have fun!

    James

    ReplyDelete