Monday, October 3, 2011

Arrived in Madrid

WARNING:
I brought an old NetBook  on this little trip because I can upload pics with it (I can't with my Ipad.  However, I hate this d*mn thing for way too many reasons.  So the posts may be a little rough (not edited).

MOVING ON:
Arrived Madrid today. LOVE it.

Spent entire day (after arrival) on foot.

Did not enjoy the flight a whole bunch. Sitting for 11 hours getsreally old really fast. The little girl behind me clearly enjoyed it.She got a lot of exercise kicking the back of my seat.
We took the metro (subway) from the airport to the hotel. Pretty easy.
Love the location of the hotel .... A bit of a bohemian neighborhood in  the old part of town. They must have a magical camera that they use to take pics of the room. I wish that I had a camera like it.

However ..... Totally satisfied.

A few random pics:


My queen.
Randy ..... It's a Vespa.
They have non-alcoholic beer!!!!!!
Gotta be a million scooters in this town!

Rabbit (conejo).  Better than cuy.










Life is swwet (though this computer AND Internet connection ...... NOT so sweet)
Clarke

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like a fabulous place to visit. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, Clark, it's Brian Merrydeath's wife Rebecca. Is that El Cortes Ingles that Brenda is standing inside? Did she find the stuffed figs mentioned by Rick Steves? We loved Spain. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca. I cannot answer your question as to where the Brennie is standing. As far as I know,just somewhere we wandered by. Looked to tempting to go in. Tell Brian we are going to Segovia tomorrow. We love it hear and are trying to figure out a way to spend a month here next year. We'll see how that works.

    ReplyDelete