Friday, September 2, 2011

Blog Readership

Some times (actually more than just some times), I am amazed at the number of times this blog is read.   I have even commented on it to the Brennie.  It usually goes something like this ....."Who do you think is reading this dumb *ass blog?" Her response is generally something like ........ "I need some money.  Is there any in the drawer?" or "Did you wash the dishes like I told you to?"


Anyway, I had my answer just the other day.  Obviously not from my wife.


Here is how it went........
I was standing in a long line at the restroom at a national park in Ontario, Canada.  There is this one guy in line that is hard not to notice.  A nice looking young fellow of about 25. He has had a recent injury resulting in the partial loss of one hand and multiple lacerations on the other two.  He still has bandages on his hands, etc.  (Yeah, no typo there ...... Ontario, Canada, partial loss of one hand and bad cuts on the other two.)  The line is taking a while and being a congenial fellow, I strike up a conversation.  We introduce ourselves and shake hands.  The whole handshake part was a little awkward.  I chose to shake the hand with the least bandages.   It probably would have been a little odd, even without the recent injuries.  


Anyway, I tell him my name is Clarke.  He takes a short pause, gets a thoughtful look on his face, grins,  and says ....... "and Brenda, Next Stage."  I am dumbfounded.  This is getting a little strange.  Anyway he smiles and tells me that he reads the blog.  Wow!  


I know this sounds a little bit out there.  But I swear it's true.  I had this dream the other night where I was standing in a long line at the restroom at a national park ........


I would tell you the rest of the story, but it just got bizarre after that.  I finally woke up, had a JIF snack and went back to bed.


Anyway, now I know who reads the blog.  Kind of.


Life is Sweet,
Clarke

7 comments:

  1. I live in Alberta, Canada and read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Alberta, Canada also!! What's the odds eh?! I read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Biloxi, Mississippi. I'm reading it during a Tropical Storm. Mike Gossman

    ReplyDelete
  4. We met you and Brenda at California Kitchen a couple of weeks ago, before your epiphany in Canada- Our conversation went something like this, " Hey you’re the Dork" "Hi I'm Clark" "Hi I'm Brenda" "I enjoy reading your blog" "WHY?" "Um, dunno it helps me feel what its like in Cuenca, hope to move here someday if we can get things consolidated and work out some obstacles " " Just burn down your house and come on down" … So yes I am a card carrying member of your "dumb ass" blog fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John and Robin....
    Yes, I remember. I think that I said Kerosene and flares should do the job.
    So have you bought them yet?
    I 'think' that torching your own place is only a crime if you make an insurance claim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog, but I really don't know why. Living in Cuenca (or anywhere for that matter) is better than living in Kansas. My wife graduated from KU and I lived there for 3 years. I grew up around Joplin, but I believe most of it is gone now; anyway, that's what my sister and friends who live there tell me. Please don't put up anymore pics of churches like the other blogs, I've seen them all 10 times now. We all know there are hundreds of them in Cuenca. I like the pictures of cows mowing the grass. It must be a lot slower, but saves on fuel and energy. You would think with all those grass-fed mooers, the meat would be better; I like fish more anyway. I've never met you, but I think I could I.D. you from a considerable distance if you were close by. I think I like reading this blog because we're on the same mental wavelink, whatever that means. If we do get down to Cuenca, I expect you to take us in for a month or two. I'll pay for the gas, since it's only 2.50 per month; maybe even a bag of fruit. I'll even bring a case of Jiffy with me and some decent underwear (Fruit of the Loom) for you. I live in the Seattle area, so life is... well... not that sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog too. Who am I? Jennifer, the mother of Emma, one of your Cisco students from WRHS. I escape from Topeka and live the good life in Cuenca through your blog. Keep it coming. You make my life sweeter.

    ReplyDelete