Friday, July 22, 2011

You Gotta Love It ......

OK now ........


So yesterday, I am dong some errands by bicycle.  I have always loved scooting around on 2 wheels.  When I was a young(er) man, I did lots of cycling ...... pedal type, not motor type.  By lots, I mean coast to coast type long distance as well as daily life.  In fact, when the Brennie and I met, she didn't even know I had a car until after we had known each other for over a year.


Anyway .........


So I am scooting around town on my velociped (bicycle), and on the way home I get to grind up this couple block long hill that goes from New Town to El Centro.  Those that live here will know the street.  It goes from Ave Loja /Tres de Noviembre up to Calle Larga.  It is kind of steep, so I am pedaling and breathing hard.  The road is usually crowded and traffic is slow.   Seeing as how I am pedaling, I get to weave through the traffic and play leap frog with the vehicles.


There are always busses on that little stretch of incline.  AND, most of the busses spew nasty diesel exhaust.  So, it is not a real healthy couple blocks.  You know, hard breathing plus toxic exhaust.


So, one of the vehicles I am playing leap frog with is this nasty toxic bus.  It has a sign painted on the back .......... which of course is filthy dirty from the lovely diesel fumes.  So, one of the times the bus spews by me, I read the sign on the back.  The sign proudly proclaimes, in Spanish........ "Cuenca, A City Free of Cigarette Smoke."


I then noticed that this little brag was also painted on the side of the bus.  Much easier to read there.


Like I said, you gotta love it.


Life is sweet,
Clarke

1 comment:

  1. Gerard told us that it used to say free of smike then when they put it on the bus they realized it needed to say free of cigarette smoke. LOL

    ReplyDelete