Saturday, July 9, 2011

Whales and Such

Oh my oh my ........


Been so busy ....... accomplishing so little.


In the end of May (Predictions and Dire Warnings), I shared a concern that this whole contentment / early retirement was simply some type of delusional side trip through mental illness ....... that maybe I truly hated this new life and was was too confused to realize it. Therefore we took a trip to Vilcabamba to try to re-connect with reality. Sadly the re-connection did not work ...... still found ourselves with nothing to complain about. So, in desperation we were planning a trip to the coast to try to re-establish our bearings. Try to re-establish some tenuous connection with reality.


So, we went to the coast for 5 days recently while our daughter Caitie was visiting. Fired up the old go-fast (car), plugged in the GPS and headed out.


Sadly, our little trip to Puerto Lopez, did not do the trick. We had the misfortune of staying at this wreck of a place ....... http://www.hosteriamandala.info/. We spent days walking on the beach, eating fresh sea food, whale (and porpoise) watching and taking a boat out to Isla la Plata (aka "The Poor Man's Galapagos). Alas, I am still saddled with this false contentment. And here are some pics to prove it.......


Click here to see more pics.

I am a terrible photographer ........

and am too lazy to edit or select pics ......

so I just dumped them all up there.


But we are not going to give up. Maybe a visit to this dump next time will help us to clear our heads ....... http://www.balsasurfcamp.com/accueil/index.html


Life is sweet,

Clarke


1 comment:

  1. Glenda Dixon - LibrarianJuly 11, 2011 at 6:29 AM

    Thanks for your post. I was concerned that you had quit blogging, but I see you were just enjoying new experiences. Good for you. Keep having fun and enjoying life. We had a heat index of 120 here in Topeka, Kansas yesterday. My enjoyment was a workable air conditioner.

    ReplyDelete