Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This Has NOTHING To Do With Ecuador Or Cuenca.
In Fact, It Is Not Even Worth Reading

So, I was gong to leave a comment on Rich and Nancy's blog. Nancy posted about a bunch of 'bad' things that happened in their kitchen all at once. She wasn't complaining, just observing. (http://richandnancy.blogspot.com/2011/05/those-so-called-bad-days-but-whos.html)

So ........ I was going to leave one of those folksy little folk wisdom type sayings that just make me want to wretch. Something like, "Gee whiz Aunt Bea, it must be those bad days that make the good ones so .......... whatever.".

So, I get curious and I Google 'folk wisdom'. Holy Mother of God! Such collections of profound wisdom. I only went to a couple of the sites. They even LOOK like one would expect.

I do have two favorite folk wisdom sayings. But if I express one, I always make it a point to express the other immediately.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Out of sight out of mind.

Folksy - yep.
Wisdomy - dubious.

Aren't you glad you wasted your time reading this?

Life is sweet,
Clarke

PS: I am not sure which is worse: Folk Wisdom or Pop Psychology.

2 comments:

  1. pop psychology

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Come On Brian,
    How about one of the truly great ones ....."When god closes a door he opens a window." Any time I hear that one, I usually want to throw someone out the window. But then, I am a negative reactionary t*rd.

    ReplyDelete