Friday, May 6, 2011

A Few Notes About the Driving Course

PETA and ASPCA will be happy to know that after the chicken mishap and the small incident with the dog, no other animals were harmed or killed in this production.

My driving time was 6 - 9 AM every day, so ...... a little sleep deprived.

Both the driving test and the written test (in Spanish) were today.

Almost had a wreck in the driving part. As I pulled away from a stop sign, a cab came barreling around a corner. Had to really punch it to get out of his way. The car I used in the test was MUCH BETTER than the one for all the practice driving. If I was in the practice driving car ..... well, no such thing as punching that wreck.

The driving test was from 8 - 9 AM ....... which is rush hour. Oh my. Not real fun. There are two rondelles (roundabouts) in town that always avoid on my moto or my bike. They are absolute nightmares. Wanna guess where I was during rush hour? Final score 19.3 / 20. I'll take it.

Got 19 /20 on the written test. The one that I missed was due to an interpretation problem. The question itself was 2 full sentences of Spanish ..... I mis-read the last word. It basically asked, if while driving, should we be concerned about the driving of others on the road? Duh. I interpreted it as ....... should we worry about 'women' drivers? I thought it was kind of a weird question. 'Demas' is not the same as 'Damas'.

Anyway the course is over. After I get the certificate (a couple weeks from now), I get to go take the government test. Yippee!

It was a dreadful and stressful week. Can't wait to go back to doing .......... well, doing nothing productive.

Time for a nap.

Life is sweet,
Clarke

2 comments:

  1. So happy you survived your class. We will look forward to celebrating with you when you are LEGAL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an endurance contest. Can't wait to take the govt test and have it all done with. First trip will probably be shuttling stuff to the new house. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete