Saturday, July 10, 2010

Quickie Post

For The First Time Since Arriving:
-I am actually sitting in a chair at a "desk" in our apartment.
-Pretty nice not to have to do this on my lap or holding the computer with one hand while one finger typing (guess which finger).

Current Events:
-The apartment is painted and looks really nice.
-The balcony, laundry room (on roof), maids room/storage room (roof again) also painted.
-Floors refinished. Not actually refinished...long story. But, they look 1000 times better. Some rooms still need another coat of finish.....but they are real clean and shiny. Shiny is good.
-Washer and dryer to be delivered Monday.
-I don't get it. How can Brenne be excited about getting a washer and dryer when the option is to send it out to be done?
-We spent a couple nights at a really cheap hostel while the floor stuff was being put down. I would recommend the hostel except for the.......never mind. Suffice to say that I won't be recommending it.
-Finally got a desk (actually a table we are using as a desk). We couldn't find one we liked, so we got a bid to have a couple made.....$450 each (holy mother of god!) and would take three weeks. Went to the local 'craft market' and got one for both of us to share....sitting across from each other ....$20.
- Got some other fine furniture there too. Went nuts and spent $47 for the desk (table) and two other tables....pics tomorrow.
-Now that the place is painted and we have some fine furniture, Brennie has been 'nesting'. For the next month, I will have to ask where things are.
-Actually feels like 'home' for the first time.
-Still need a couch...need one really bad.

Pulled a Muscle in My Back The Other Day:
-Maybe a tendon or something. I really don't know.
-Hurt like a mutha until last night.
-Slipped and fell down a flight of stairs last night.
-The term 'hurt like a mutha' is no linger adequate.
-And no......Brennie did not push me down the stairs this time.
-Thank god the cigars I was carrying weren't damaged.

LIFE IS GOOD.

GEE, I WONDER IF IT IS HOT AND HUMID BACK IN KANSAS.....IN JULY.

3 comments:

  1. was SUPER humid last week! weekend has been beautiful!
    look forward to pictures of the new place! :)
    be careful with yourself there, clarke - no more injuries!!!
    think of us in august, as you are doing as you please and we are back at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be looking in the post for our invite to come vist. I am already trying to nest so I totally understand you Brenne! And Clarke, I hear there are some fabulous massage therapists here in Cuenca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. burros, Clarke, Burros, where is the local color? If I did not know better I would think you are still in Kansas. stories of shopping? Are you going to get a couch just so you can watch re-runs of Star Trek in Spanish? Where is the story of the local man with his trusty Burro selling fruit from a cart? Bring back the inept internet dudes.

    ReplyDelete