Saturday, July 24, 2010

A NEW DAY. AKA, FIRST THING I SEE WHEN I GET UP

OKEY DOKEY......

THIS EARLY RETIREMENT GIG IS TOUGH.
Most days I wake up between 8:00 and 8:30. I usually stumble through the apartment and out to the balcony to be sure that Cuenca is doing fine. Today I grabbed my camera on the way...

First glance tells me things look pretty normal.


Next....gotta check that the balcony is still standing.
The balcony gets a lot of use.
It is also where that first cup of coffee happens every morning.
FYI.....GOOD coffee is $2.50 a pound.


NEXT....Make sure Brennie has coffee and the dogs are ok.


On the way through the apartment.
(Yeah not much furniture yet.)




Re furniture: What an ass pain that has been.
I feel like I have been in every furniture and antique store in town ...... twice.
(Because I have.)
FINALLY, I said "screw it" and went to a local craft market and got 5 primitive tables.
At $10 - $20 each, they will do for now ... and probably for a long time.

Below....my favorite "furniture store".
Going back today for more!
The clay pots here are the same price as the plastic ones you can buy in the stores.






When you are done getting your furniture,
you walk out to the street and look for one of these trucks.
For $5 they put all your stuff in the back and take it to your place.
Basically pickup truck taxis.

That's it for now.

Oopsie, one more small thing.
If you want to see the pics full size......
....... CLICK HERE.

Clarke



2 comments:

  1. Clarke,

    where is this market at? I need to find a couple of inexpensive tables. Thanks, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan ....
    Rotary Market. On Gaspar Sangurima (sp?) One block east of the Mercado 9 de Octobre. About 5 blocks east of Luis Cordero. (Parque Calderon is on Luis Cordero). About 2 blocks west of Hauna Capac (sp?)

    ReplyDelete