Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What keeps me going...

With only a month to go until closing on our house, the intensity level has been dialed up a notch. We are surprised with how difficult this process is. When a friend asked me the other day what this process feels like, I replied "imagine condensing down everything you have accumulated in your lifetime to one large suitecase". She was stunned into silence thinking about it. We're tense, tired, and - ok - a little scared. There are days when I wonder "What were we thinking?? This is just plain nuts!" And then I go to one of the blogs of our friends who live in Ecuador and I'm reminded of the 'why.' Friendship, health, adventure. No time clocks, moody bosses, or homework. Lots of sunshine. Ahhhhhhhh. We have earned our day in the sun.

The other day I tied ribbons around the keys to our Cuenca apartment and placed them by each of our computers. When I start feeling down, I glance up and know that our Camelot awaits.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you made me cry, Brenda! We have been going through the same thing; two showings on our house in two days and two offers. It has only been for sale (two days); our life is in boxes and I get teary when I think of having to part with our boys' baby boxes. I remind myself, "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!" And then I read your blog and think, "Someone understands and reminds me that I'm NOT crazy!"

    We look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete