Saturday, January 30, 2010

THE GODS MUST BE LAUGHING NOW!!

Remember those cheesy B-movies of the 50's and 60's featuring Greek heroes (Hercules for instance)? Remember how there would be scenes of the Greek gods looking down at the hero of the movie, and messing with them.......usually for the amusement of the gods? Remember those movies? That concept has always stuck with me. Well the gods must be really bored because they are having a good time with me.

For instance, I almost never get sick. Period. Maybe a cold every other year, but literally nothing else. I don't get flu shots. I can eat food at work Friday (yogurt, cheese, etc) that I took to work Monday and didn't bother to refrigerate. I have always explained it as....my ancestors must have been the poorest of the poor. The only way to continue the family line was to develop resistance to all illness and disease.

OK, now for the laughing gods part. On returning to Kansas for one last winter, I was hoping for an unusually mild winter...you know, it's the last winter, so....horrible, bitter winter. Absolutely loathsome.

Remember the '10 feet tall and bulletproof'' part? The 'I never get sick' part? I have never been this sick in my life. Never. It is just one thing after another, a variety of illnesses, injuries, infections, food poisoning and chronic pain. Even had my first car wreck in 30 years (my fault) munched my neck real good. It is unbelievable! It seems, that the week that I get over one thing, 'hello momma', here is something new.

So back to those pesky gods, you must be having a swell time ...... because I know I am not. Well, I haven't gotten a flu yet. I got the regular flu shot for the first time ever and the H1N1. Hah!

Gotta go now .... to the doctors....again. Seriously. No joke. I am headed for the doctor's right now. Some kind of nasty lung thing this time.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that you have been chosen to amuse the gods!

    ReplyDelete