Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Parade?

Lots of Parades. LOTS.

It seems that since the Christmas holidays, that the church a block away has had a parade every Sunday. I am baffled.

Here is what I do know.

The parade is ALWAYS led by a clown. I did manage to get a pic of the clown ..... from behiind. Why it is led by the clown is a mystery to me. I am glad that my son is not here. He was terrified by the movie "IT' when he was younger. (Yeah I told him not to watch it ..... but what do I know, right?). I think that he is still scared by clowns. I gave him the movie "IT" a couple years ago as a joke. Well, at least I thought it was funny. I also sent it to him while he was in Americorps. Once again, I was the only one to see the humor.


Following the clown appears to be Mary and Joseph. Sorry no pic.

After Mary and Joseph ...... well, it seem that just about anything goes. From what I could tell, today we had princesses, roman soldiers and senoritas.













I AM NOT RIDICULING OR MAKING FUN. I think the parades are very cool. They have music, drums and loud exploding things. I love them ...... I just don't understand them. I am a dumb-ass.

- - - - - - - - - -
A couple hours later...........

Today must be '2-fer Sunday'.

When I got back from the Mercado (pears, broccoli, carrots, avos, etc.) there was another parade going by the old homestead. I was pretty late for it so I only got 3 picks.

This parade was 'floats'. One of the floats has a whole roasted pig on it ....... the first pic. Seen that a few times too. You just gotta love it here. The pork here is great! Well, not when I cook it ...... but when you get it at the Mercado it is fabulous. A little disturbing at first because it is the whole pig laying there ....... all roasted up with their little heads attached.


Can you see the piggy in the pic above?
Oinky. Oinky.



Life is sweet,
Clarke

4 comments:

  1. You took the words right out of my mouth... The part about not understanding the Parades... not the other part... I don't like to be redundant... ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the costume rental shops subsidize the parades somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lukey. Did your fine nickname stick? Hope all is well. Life is sweet here. Greetings to Miranda

    ReplyDelete