Wednesday, February 2, 2011

THE ANDES

THE ANDES !!

WE LIVE IN THE ANDES !!

Yep we live in the Andes Mountains. So fabulous that those cool chocolate mints were named after them.

Check out info on the Andes here ...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andes

We don't live in the highest part of the Andes (thank god) or on a mountain peak (more thanks). But, sometimes I forget that our city of Cuenca is in a valley at 8,000+ ft elevation. Surrounded by mountains. I have begun to take the beauty of my adopted city for granted.

My little buddy Randy and I went for a moto ride out of town the other day. As I was on the hilltops (ridgetop?), I could see mountain ridge after mountain ridge. One after another. With valleys in between. Blew me away. Woke me up.

I couldn't actually see the valleys between the ridges. Duh. I assume there were valleys. What else would there be? Probably rivers in the valleys, too. I am sure that the conspiracy nutbag fringe is convinced that there is some evil plot between the ridges and caves in the mountains full of more unspeakable evil. Oopsie. Got sidetracked.

Anyway, I am just glad that I had my camera so that I could share a picture.


Life is sweet,
Clarke

2 comments:

  1. Great picture Senor Clarke. I wish I could draw but I failed scissors in kindergarten.

    Hasta pronto,

    Senor Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarke, I gleefully reported to my husband about your bike tour out of Cuenca. He's an cycle enthusiast (former endurance racer, rides BMW. I also found Ecuador Freedom Bike Rentals. We are coming next week for an exploration trip of Cuenca and Cotacachi. As always, I enjoy your humorous posts!

    ReplyDelete