Thursday, December 9, 2010

TO MI AMIGOS IN KANSAS.......

Mi amigos,

I have been thinking about you as the heart of winter nears. After 6 lovely winters in Minnesota and another 20 in Kansas, I know the joy of expectation and anticipation that November and December bring. So much to look forward to. The sleet. The freezing rain. Snow. Blizzards. God, I loved it. But alas, for me, it is no more.

Example: Because Brennie and I brought our two little Pekes down with us and because we live in an apartment in old town, I must walk the horrid little beasties at least twice a day down by the river. Yes, it is grim duty ..... a burden. But, I try to be strong. To not complain. So, two nights ago (around 10 PM) I am walking little Bugger and Wanker. Sadly, the temperature had only dropped down to 55 degrees. However, I did notice that the temp in Topeka was an invigorating 17.7 degrees that night. Fabulous! I am trying so hard not to be jealous. But, I am a petty and self-centered toad. I find myself harboring resentments.

However, I try soooooo hard to keep my spirits up. I fight the pain. The loss. The depression. But I am weak. Some times, simply overwhelmed. At such times, I find that going out on the balcony with a cigar, a cup of coffee and a book helps. Please pray for me.

I leave you with some pics I took the other night on my walk:

There was a whole square filled with these luminaries.


These went on for at least 4 blocks.
Maybe more. I don't know.
I was walking in the other direction,
toward the river with Bugg and Wank


Using a different (not better) camera setting.

For this one and the next two,
you need to look at the people
in the foreground to get a concept of the size!


Those black shapes in front are people.


I am not so skilled with the camera.

Life is Sweet (but entirely too warm),
Clarke


3 comments:

  1. Very funny post, Clarke. You and Brenda are obviously doing well in Cuenca. Hasta luego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch it, Clarke Greene, or I'll send you an ice-ball!

    Anna Walker

    ReplyDelete