Tuesday, September 28, 2010

THIS AND THAT

AVOCADOS (aguacate):
3 or 4 for $1 at the mercado. Usually eat one a day (2 today) either as part of a meal or a snack or whatever. That makes the avo budget approx $2/week. Have yet to find something they don't go with. (Hey English teachers .....am I allowed to end a sentence with 'with'? Ooopsie, did it again.) The avos are fabulous here. After 26 years of avos in Minnesota or Kansas, these are a real treat. FYI .... for those who have not had the pleasure of MN or KS avos ...... well, I always wondered if they were transported to the midwest: 1) via potato gun relays, or 2) dribbled cross country.

CIGARS:
Brennie is reading in bed. I wish she would fall asleep so that I can fire up a big stinky here inside.

MOTO UPDATE:
What a gas. I love this little Yamaha for around town. I mentioned in a previous post about the 'wild west' mentality regarding traffic regulations. The beautiful thing about that is that it does make for really fun in-town riding. However it is time to get a moto with more muscle for trips out of town. I took a trip out of town today and really wanted more ooomph so that I can more aggressively flaunt traffic regulations. I am also thinking that it may be time to get a license plate for the bike and possibly even a driver's license for me. BUT, I DO wear a helmet.

My doctor rides a moto. He rides a model that I have been interested in trying and possibly buying. So we talked motos on our last visit. Brennie mentioned something about riding motos with a man that has touched my little fellar. I am thinking that riding motos and having a physical are pretty separate concepts.

INTERNET ACCESS:
I got really tired of the piss poor internet service we had. Will and Val said they liked theirs so I went and talked with their provider. First thing I told them is that I taught computer networking for 8 years and probably knew more than any of them ....... turns out to be true. Anyway the guys come to install it and every time we test it, I tell them that it is not okay yet .... and I tell them why (packet loss, jitter, etc). Anyway, four hours later: 2 wireless receivers (antenna) later, and after countless calls to supervisors first here in Cuenca and then in Quito ...... yeah, a kick ass connection.

BRIDGE:
I have always wanted to learn how to play bridge. In the process of learning. A challenge.

HOUSEKEEPER:
Yup. We have a housekeeper now. Every Thursday, 8:00 - 5:00. Name is Monica. We love her. She is just a sweet heart. It would be impossible not to love her. A fabulous laugh, a sunny disposition. Plus ..... she cleans the place. Perfect.

I LOVE RETIREMENT IN CUENCA

Clarke
PS: Brennie is still awake, so I will have to go out and read on the balcony and have my stogie. Oh gee, life is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment