Sunday, September 19, 2010

MEDICAL STUFF, HUMIDOR TIDBITS & NOT-MILK

MEDICAL EXPENSES:
We got our new doctor the other day and went in for our first visit.

His specialty is G-e-r-o-n-t-o-l-o-g-y. GERONTOLOGIST? Are you kidding me? Aren't those the guys that specialize in wrinkled people that smell kinda funny??

Anyway, had some tests done as a result of the visit:
- Cardiologist and EKG for me. For some reason, for the last 20 years, every time I have gotten a new doc, about 5 minutes into the exam, they go to the phone and make an appointment with a cardiologist for later the same day. Go figure. Anyway, cardiologist and EKG ...... $40.
- Biggo bloodo testos (I think that is how you say it in el spanisho): Mine - $80, Brennie's - $70. I got one in Kansas last May. It was $800 for the same test. I know that because my fine health insurance allowed me the honor of paying for it myself.
- Bone density scan for the Brennie ..... $35
- Follow up comment .......... had an 'issue' Friday night that required a late night call to our new doc. He arranged for me to pick up a scrip at the emergency room and called us at home the next day to follow up. Yeah, for those of you still in the US...... he called us at home yesterday to be sure all was ok. Unbelievable! In case this was not clear. Our new doc called us on Saturday, at home, to make sure that all was ok!

HUMIDOR:
It is impossible to buy a humidor here. (Maybe not 'impossible', but I couldn't find one.) My little buddy Randy (Kimbler) was in the same boat ..... needed but could not find a humidor.


So we met with Pepe.
Gave him details of what we needed.


As usual, '2 weeks' means some other time frame.
But well worth it.
(Yep, having a small problemo with font color here.)


These are pics of Randy's, but they are
virtually identical and I am a terrible photographer.

DISTURBING :
Yeah, Randy and I bought pretty much identical moto's too. Like I said ....disturbing.

NOT-MILK:


Not really sure what it is.
But ..... NOT milk.

Life is Sweet,
Clarke

2 comments:

  1. Having you and Brenda here in Cuenca has made my life much easier..Thanks, you guys are the best..Hope 'everyone' is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF?? Did you taste that "milk"? I've never seen it in the supermarket before. Where'd you get it? La Leche League?

    Hey, how's my jacket? Are you and Brennie taking good care of it? Can't wait to see it.... um, I mean you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete