Saturday, September 11, 2010

Moto, Moto, Motos


Went for a ride through the hills and to Tarqui with my little buddies Randy and Chuck the other day.

Chuck, being the least experienced was duly elected both President and Road Captain.

Randy whined a lot about not having gloves. I had a pair with me so I let him look at them.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, so .....



Mine is the pretty red one.









A FINAL WORD .... ABOUT TRAFFIC LAWS, STOP SIGNS, LANES IN THE ROAD, MINIMUM OR MAXIMUM SPEEDS OR BASICALLY ANY TYPE OF TRAFFIC REGULATION:

I can't think of the exact word. "Meaningless" comes close as does "nonexistent". Traffic regulation is a joke here. There seems to be a basic rule governing all traffic, whether it be pedestrian, motos (motorcycle), car, bicycle, cabs, trucks or busses. That rule would be not to allow yourself to get hit by anything bigger than you.

Most vehicles DO follow the "one way" signs.

Pedestrian crosswalks are simply a kill zone. The paint on the road makes it easier to wash the blood off the pavement.

Bicycles and motos routinely weave their way through traffic jams and through traffic stopped at a light ...... it is expected and kind of fun. I have only seen a couple motorcycles jump up on the sidewalk to avoid a traffic snarl. Now THAT has to be illegal!

Stop signs are routinely run. If you go through an intersection taking it for granted that the cross traffic will stop, you are delusional. When I was on my bike (bicycle) the other day and approaching an intersection, two cars, coming from the left, ran the stop sign at full speed. If I hadn't had the brake levers covered with my hands, well ..... "messy" is a nice way to put it.

Clarke


4 comments:

  1. I hope Guy doesn't want to join your little group when we move there! Sounds scary, but I know he will. He can't live without riding. I will be biting my nails everytime he leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so brave (that's all I'm going to say about that!). Have fun and watch out for the other guy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha (that's all I can do, really, is laugh). Hugs to you and Brennie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you run aways...Lura and I leave LA (110F yesterday)for San Bernardino where we plan to visit a friend, then of to the desert for about10 days.
    You are back on motorcycles, oh my I hope, I just hope you know what I hope regarding bikes. Did you get my message about Craig?
    hugs from Harry

    ReplyDelete