Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WHY I REFUSE TO TALK POLITICS WITH MY NEW FRIENDS IN CUENCA

When I retired and moved to Cuenca, I made the resolution to not talk politics at all, with anyone, for any reason.

And, I have done a pretty good job of that.

“Why?” You ask.

Well, if you are a:
- Gay rights supporting
- Gun toting
- Pro choice
- Redneck
- Liberal
- Harley riding
- Agnostic
- Well educated with multiple degrees
- Left wing
- Cigar smokin’
- Smart ass
- PInko
- Male Chauvinist Pig

Well, it’s pretty safe bet that you are going to piss off just about everyone.

So, if anyone starts talking politics with me, I usually say ....... “Nice shoes. Where did you get them?” Because hell, everyone likes to talk about their shoes!

- - - - - - - - - - -

ON THE OTHER HAND.....
Everyone likes Brennie!

Ciao,
Clarke

3 comments:

  1. Well said Brennie, Kathy and I could not agree more! We feel there is no place for politics or religious preference in a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello People of Cuenca,
    from May and Nick Adams, planning to retire over there, in the New World of Cuenca, from a small village 80 miles East of Houston.

    ReplyDelete