Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bicycle Safety Tip #1

The last post was on motorcycle safety.

This is about  .......see blog title.

So  ..........
I am riding my velociped (25 year old bike) home the other day.
It is about noon.

Light to moderate traffic.

I come to a place where another lane merges into mine.
The other lane is basically an on ramp.
I have the right of way.
BUT, I am a bicycle.
The vehicle merging into my lane is a car.

The car does not modify it's speed to either pull in front of or behind me.
We are on a collision course.
The driver of the car must see itself as the winner in any pissing contest.

I am peddling slightly uphill and really don't want to loose my inertia.
The car seems content with  our little collision course.
I hit my breaks and concede defeat at the last possible moment.

The car blows by me.
I glance over to check out the *sshole that would just as soon run me over as not.

Nuns?!?
A car full of nuns?
Seriously?
I almost get run over by a bunch of f*cking nuns!

THE SAFETY TIP:
When on a bicycle,  NEVER assume that god is on your side.

Life is Sweet,
Clarke

1 comment:

  1. You didn't get run over - right? So, God was on your side.

    tee hee
    Denise
    Charlotte NC

    ReplyDelete