Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Why I Haven't Been Blogging
AND
Why I Am Back At It

FIRST:
Why I Haven't Been Blogging ......

It is that whole Galapagos thing.  
It was so cool.
There was so much more to say/share.
So many cool pictures.
Like the pic of the baby sea lion sniffing my leg.
Actually I didn't get that pic.  The last pic that camera took before going belly up ...... the baby sea lion's nose was just a couple inches before it touched my leg.
The camera hasn't worked since.


Anyway there was so much more to say and show about the Galapagos..........
Well........
It started to smell like work .......
So I avoided it!


SECOND:
Why I Am Back At It .........


Well, (like so many other things)  it is Karen Kimbler's fault.  
According to  Randy,  there's a lot of stuff that is Karen's fault.  
But that is a whole different story.


Anyway, yeah, it is Karen's fault.


So ............
About a week ago around 5:00 PM, old Karen calls me.
Randy just got back for the SuperMaxi (grocery store) near their house.
He saw 3 jars of JIF peanut butter there.  
There were only 3 jars ........ one 28 ouncer and two 18 ouncers,
He snagged them for me.


HOLY SH*T!!
There hasn't been JIF on the shelves since September (2011).
So, I told Karen that I would be right over ..... cash in hand.
But FIRST......... 


There are 2 other SuperMaxis.
Lots of Gringos shop at them.
BUT, very few gringos:
1)  have a car
2)  live anywhere near the SuperMaxi out by the airport.
BUT, we have a car.
I figure that if any store will have more JIF, it is the one by the airport.


SOOOOOOO ........
Brenda joins me and off we go.
Holy Mother of God!!!!!
We hit the jackpot!!!!
They had 8 jars of 28 oz. and 8 of 18 oz.


The Brennie was embarrassed to be seen with me and a cart of 16 jars of JIF.
So, she left the store.
I was pretty proud.
I even got a jar of jam, some milk and imitation ritz crackers.


So, who knows how long JIF is back?
It is uncertain.
So, I have 26 jars in the pantry.
Yeah, the '26' above is not a typo.  I have bought more.


Now I know what our folks felt like in the 50's as they were provisioning their bomb shelters.


Life is Sweet (and Sticky and Gooey),
Clarke  

7 comments:

  1. WOW - I always thought that Karen Kimbler would be one of the people that I would like to meet when I arrived...how will I get to meet Randy without her around???

    DOUBLE WOW - I am a JIF fan - if you eat it really slowly, I will know where to find some when I am there...

    TRIPLE WOW - there is NO excuse for leaving your readers stranded. Now when we meet, and we are discussing your blogs, there will be a big gap when we cannot discuss the first two weeks of May 2012 - we will have to eat PB sandwiches (no jelly, please) to fill the time.

    Denise
    Charlotte NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a back story Clarke? Does Denise from NC know something I don't? Where am I going?
    Oh and that part about it being my fault.. yep its true.. Its my fault that Randy thought of you, cause he was never that nice before he met me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Clarke Greene, Topeka blog followers missed you!

    Anna W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back to the blog. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know of a source for Skippy Chunky but am afraid to divulge it, lest it be overrun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah ..... you might want to keep that a secret :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog by searching "Can you get Jif peanut butter in Cuenca." read your rant first and started having doubts about our family's plan to move there for a year in 2013. Then I found this post and I can't tell you how relieved I am...but still plan on packing a suitcase full of Jif just in case. Funny stuff!

    -Meagan in Michigan

    ReplyDelete